Sicily is a dream destination. Major cities such as Palermo, Catania, Syracuse, Trapani, and Messina boasts unmatched historical treasures as well as natural wonders. However, it does not mean it’s expensive, budget apartments are everywhere in Sicily. Travelling if plan flawlessly is super cheap here. You can see the list of our cheapest accommodations here.
Budget Apartments in Sicily
Our budget apartments in Sicily are another option if you are on a tight budget. They will allow you to explore fun activities in Sicily while still staying in cheap cosy homes.
You can skip the low-quality hotels and stay at our best holiday rentals in Sicily. The vacation apartments can be your home away from home. They are economical and can help you save from going to restaurants for every meal. Cook your favourite dish with a Sicilian twist at the comfort of your home. Buy the freshest produce at the nearby local markets and prepare a feast using your fully equipped kitchen.
Your Sicily Dream Holiday – affordable but totally unforgettable
Sicily is just a flight, a ride or a boat away. Discover the blue cobalt waters of the Mediterranean sea in contrast with the sandy and pebble beaches. The picturesque landscapes and captivating historic places are waiting for you. Stop wondering if you can afford it. Let us help you organise the relaxing vacation you deserve. Many of our owners also provide holiday deals and discount offers to help you save more.
With its growing cities and charming villages, Sicily promises to treat your eyes with lovely sceneries. While your feet wander in the narrow streets of its historic centres. The taste of the authentic Sicilian cuisines and sweet delights will linger to your memory. You are in for a gastronomic euphoria! Your mind and soul will unwind in the cultural diversity of our beloved island. The heart will remember everything.
Feel at home in Sicily
Holiday apartments also provide more privacy for you and your family. Our hosts will give you that while still being available for questions about the area or the flat. Living like a local on your self-catering apartment also has a lot of perks. They are cheaper compared to pricey hotels and styled like a real home. A bonus would be you are next to a Sicilian neighbour too who can genuinely be your next friend. You will be a part of a community instead of just seeing it from an outsider view. It is a unique experience in learning and understanding the real beauty of Sicily.
Divide the cost for large groups
For a large group of families and friends, it is ideal to stay together to create more memories with the people that matter. Save more on the travel expenses by splitting the cost. You can rent our large apartments and divide the rent among you to get a cheaper rate per person, There are other activities that are fun to do with more people such as walking tours, boat ride,s cooking lessons, wine tasting and more. We have travel packages for groups if you are interested.
Discount from Apartment Hosts
Most of our apartment hosts but not all usually offer various kinds of discounts. There is a last minute discount for bookings made less than seven days before the arrival date. Another one will be extended stay discounts if you book for a certain long number of nights. You can also ask if the host can work around your budget or if you are planning to stay for a month or more, the owners can provide a fixed monthly rate. Holiday deals are often offered too in case the host has not filled in his calendar yet for the season.
Other Holiday Rentals and Affordable Hotels in Sicily
Select the place that will suit your taste and budget. If you want to stay in normal clean hotels, we have affordable ones too. Our listings also include homey bed and breakfast run by locals, private rooms in villas or large flats, farmhouses, campers, yachts and other services in Sicily.
10 Things to do when in Sicily
The things to do in Sicily are endless, but we are quickly mentioning the best ones to get you started.
- Walk around major cities historic centre. Palermo has its Arab-Norman series of buildings while Catania has its fair of stunning buildings too.
- Experience the culinary culture. From dining in and trying authentic cuisines to the street foods scenes and nightlife.
- Visit the Greek temples. Agrigento holds many of these ancient ruins in one valley, to see the other ones, you can also visit Selinunte and Segesta.
- Swim its lovely beaches or live in seaside towns. The spectacular views of these coasts are unreal. Tourist favourites are Cefalù, San Vito lo Capo, Scala dei Turchi and Calamosche.
- Explore hilltop medieval villages. Taormina and Erice are both spectacular and there are more of these small villages to see in the mountains of Sicily.
- Admire the views on road trips. Taking the bus or car, do not miss the chance to admire the views on your way to another city. The turquoise blue sea on the right(or maybe left) and the mountains on the right. The view from the train is amazing too.
- Hike Mount Etna. She is the landscape queen of the island which has seen it all. Witness her with a guide or appreciate her from far.
- Learn more about the Sicilian Baroque. Syracuse, Modica and Ragusa display the most marvellous examples of this architecture.
- Discover small islands.
- Join local festivals and events
Free things to do
Feel free to read the list of cheapest things to do and see in Sicily on our blog. The island will offer you a lot of things without spending too much. Some are also free or cost very little. Save more and book our budget apartments in Sicily for your next holiday!